May 26, 2014

This Week

Well, this past week has just been full of unexpected turns of events. I went to Virasorro for exchanges and worked with Hermana Andersen. It was so nice to speak a little English!!! Virasorro is a lot nicer than Santo Tomé, and I enjoyed actually walking on pavement instead of very rocky dirty roads. Unfortunately, my companion and Hna Andersen´s companion missed the 8 pm bus to Virasorro from Santo Tomé. To make a long story short, we ended up all having to spend the night in Virasorro. We all crammed into their apartment and tried to get a few hours of sleep, since their bus got in around 11, and we had to take a bus the next morning that left at 7. I am learning to get by on not as much sleep as I would enjoy haha. But it all worked out in the end, and I´m still alive, so that´s always a plus.

This week has started to turn COLD. And our apartment doesn´t have heating, so we´ve been going to bed with hats, gloves, scarves, sweatshirts, and lots and lots of layers of socks and tights. Hopefully we can buy a heater sometime in the next few days, because 55 degrees is now considered “warm” in the apartment. We´ve been using my hair dryer as a little personal heater haha. We´re pretty creative.

Also, today we came to Posadas because Hna Tapia had to visit the bank. Unfortunately, somebody lied to us and told us that the bus left at 12:30. Nope, it left at 12. So we got to the terminal at 12:05, proud of ourselves for arriving not only on time but quite early, and then we found out that we had missed the bus and the next one doesn´t leave until 6! So I am currently typing this email in the little cyber cafe they have here in the terminal. And I don´t have access to a printer, so I´m sorry everyone, I haven´t been able to read all the emails, and I won´t have time to respond to many either. We are going to take a 1:30 bus to Apostoles, and then maybe a taxi from there to Santo Tomé.

Something that I have started doing is writing down names of the desserts here. They are SO GOOD. I don´t know what it is, but their candies and treats are super delicious- it´s great that we walk so much because if we didn´t I´d have gained a lot (and I mean a lot) of weight by now!

I love being here, it just feels like one little adventure after another! I love you all and pray for you every night! Next week I should have pictures!
Love
Hna Simmons

P.S. Ah I wish I had more time to write everyone. Just know I´m glad to hear the update from you and love you all!

fyi thank you mom for the (chocolate chip cookie) recipe! I saw that you sent it! Hopefully I can print it out next week and make some delicious cookies or cookie dough!

Question:  Do you and the missionaries in your mission have to take any kind of shots to protect against any kind of disease or sickness?

Answer:  Nope, at least not where I´m at. I just make sure to take my multivitamin thing once a day and I´m good. Thank heavens I don´t have to inject myself! I would probably pass out, I hate needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment