November 25, 2014

Another week!

Happy Late Thanksgiving!

To celebrate Thanksgiving, we decided to have our Zone Meeting on Thursday instead of Tuesday. After the meeting, Hna Garcia and I made tacos and we all ate together as a zone. And yeah, that's about it. It's not a holiday that's celebrated outside of the U.S.- which I knew beforehand, but it was still weird to have the day actually arrive and not be eating turkey.

We went to Itapua Poty again to meet with this family. The dad and his four kids have all decided to be baptized this Saturday!!!!! The mom wants to wait and learn a bit more and be more sure in her decision, but the rest of the family is super excited and can't wait! They really are wonderful people and Hna Garcia  and I love them so much! The kids speak spanish, but the parents speak a lot more in Guarani. When we go, we try to learn new phrases and words that we can use. So now I can say "I know God lives." "Yo se que Dios vive." "Chekua nandejara oikoveja." Trilingual! haha nope, not even close. But it's fun to learn something new.

I finished reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish this past week. Yay! When I got to Moroni 10:3-5 I accepted Moroni's challenge. First, I wrote out all the instances in the scriptures and in my life where God has been merciful. Then, I wrote out what I believe to be true, and thought about my testimony. To finish, I decided to pray and ask God if these things were all true- if He really exists, if He really loves us, if the Book of Mormon really contains His gospel. 
And it is true. All of it. I know God lives; I know He loves us. I know the Book of Mormon to be the word of God. I know that it compliments and strengthens the Bible. I know God is merciful. I know that this is His true Church.

I love you all! Have a fantastic week!
Hermana Simmons

P.S.  I definitely want to read more of and about Isaiah. They really encourage us here to just focus on learning the Preach My Gospel lessons really well, and only focus on learning the doctrine that is relevant to our investigators. But so many times in the scriptures we are commanded and recommended to read and study Isaiah. Hopefully I'll be able to find some time here to start reading.

Yep, I am definitely going to try to send pictures this next week! But the place where we are writing right now doesn't have a USB connection spot, so I can't upload anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment