March 16, 2015

Happy Monday!

Well, Hna Dance had her surgery on Friday and it all went well! So hopefully this week we`ll be able to hear the results and see what has been going on. Due to the surgery we were stuck inside the pension basically all day Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. It is so nice to be able to breathe fresh air and not be stuck inside anymore!

For those of you who remember, when I was in Pdte Franco we were meeting a lot with a woman named Laura and her son Arn. I was just informed that both of them were baptized on Saturday! So thank you for all your prayers and support from home.

One of the things about being in the pension a lot this week is that we have been able to notice what works well and is nice, and what we should probably get fixed. For example, the air conditioning is a life saver. However, our kitchen smells like there is a dead animal somewhere in the piping. And yeah, that`s not actually an exaggeration. Walking around in Ciudad we know what dead animal smells like, and that`s the smell coming from our kitchen sink.

The other day right before leaving to work I felt like I should grab a few copies of The Family: A Proclamation to the World. We don`t normally carry those with us, but for some reason the thought kept coming into my head, so I packed one. While we were out walking, Hna Dance and I didn`t want to just start clapping at doors. So we decided to try and think if any specific person or house came to mind. Hna Dance said that we could try talking to a family that we had seen sitting outside before. So we went, and the woman let us in right away! Her name is Liz and she told us that she and her boyfriend are both Catholic, but can`t get remarried in the Catholic church because he is divorced from a previous marriage (yeah, I don`t really get it either). Anyway, they are both experiencing a lot of criticism and rudeness from people at their church. They both have lots of faith in Christ and want to have a strong, united family. She told us that they have considered looking for another church, but if they change religions they want to make sure that it is the true church of God, because if not they might as well keep going to their Catholic church she said. I was able to pull out the Family pamphlet and we shared our testimonies with her about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and how it can help her family. We definitely felt the Spirit, and we will be going back to see them this week!

3 Nephi 9:14 Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal life. Behold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me.

I know Christ is always waiting for us. Always. We just have to make the decision to turn to Him for support and help. As soon as we begin to obey and follow His example, He can begin to bless and guide us. I love my Savior Jesus Christ! Through Him I know I can return to live with my Heavenly Father.

Love you all!
Hermana Simmons

No comments:

Post a Comment