August 05, 2015

Lots of Adventures

Well... this past week has been CRAZY.

On Wednesday I went to Ituzaingo to do divisions with Hermanas Hartley and Pitts. They are two amazing sisters and both have less than 6 months in the mission (Hna Pitts is still in training). I couldn't believe how well they have a handle on the language and their area. Heavenly Father truly prepares us for our callings, and then He supports and strengthens us as we put forth our best efforts. Their area is a beautiful town next to the river. During the siesta I thought "This is what they mean by "sleepy beach towns."" The one thing that was weird is that all of Ituzaingo is covered in sand instead of the red earth.

We went to the mission home on Sunday night and left for Iguazu at 2am Monday morning. It was a 5 hour trip in a rented van. We arrived at Iguazu at 7 am and had to wait until 8 for the park to open. I don't actually know what else to say about Iguazu. Breathtaking? Stunning? There is a reason it is one of the Wonders of the World. I'll send some pictures later. I went with a group of 11 missionaries. We will all be flying home next week.

We arrived at the mission home about 7 on Monday night, I ate with President LaPierre and the other Hermana Leaders, and then woke up bright and early on Tuesday for Consejo. It was an amazing last consejo. I loved being able to see how much the mission has grown and improved in the past months.

Hermana Cannon and I have been brainstorming a lot on how to find new investigators. What we have really decided is that the best way to find new people to teach is through the members. If all the families could just pray for and help the missionaries work with even just one reference, we could advance God's work and be so much more effective. So the challenge to everyone reading this is try to find at least one person to share their testimony with!

I thought that this was a beautiful scripture! Mormon 9:27 "O then despise not, and wonder not, but hearken unto the words of the Lord, and ask the Father in the name of Jesus for what things soever ye shall stand in need. Doubt not, but be believing, and begin as in times of old, and come unto the Lord with all your heart, and work out your own salvation with fear and trembling before him"

Love,
Hermana Simmons

ps- Yes, I will be able to email next Monday, but I probably won't be saying much. So if you would like to write, feel free. If not, that's fine as well. Love you!





Look who I found at consejo! Hermana Garcia :)





Starting the path to Devil's Throat!





This beauty just landed on my hand and decided to ride around for about 10 minutes.





hello paradise





At the bottom of one of the falls. 
We never got into the water, but here and at Devil's throat the mist was so thick that we got soaking wet.





Hermana Retana and I on our way to the upper circuit





at Garganta del Diablo


No comments:

Post a Comment