January 12, 2015

cambios!

Super quick email this week because we are having transfers!

I am being called to go work in Presidente Franco in Ciudad del Este, Paraguay! Ah! It's basically the biggest city we have in the mission (aside from Posadas). There are actually wards there instead of branches, and apparently it is just a huge melting pot of Portuguese, Spanish, German, and Guarani. I'm pretty excited and nervous!

Not much new here- after being in the same area with the same people for five months things get pretty monotonous. We have been trying to do different proselyting activities to not get stuck in the routine too much.

Scripture of the week! 1 Nephi 3:7 "I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them." I'm anxious to be going to a new place and meet new people, and I know that God will prepare a way for me to help people there. I will go and do!

Love you all!
Hermana Simmons

P.S.  It's crazy to think that in Meridian, Idaho my dad gave a lesson on the parents of John the Baptist and Jesus, and here, however many miles away, in a little town called Obligado, Paraguay we had the same lesson, just given in Spanish! The organization and order in the Church is amazing sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment