January 01, 2015

we are party animals

It was so good to see you all on Christmas! By the way, the other Sisters in the zone say you are all very cute. (we were all sharing the photos of our families).

I know you are all just dying to know- how did Sister Simmons spend her Christmas and New Years? I'll tell you.... SLEEPING. 

We actually ended up doing nothing. At the last minute we had to cancel all our plans and travel to Encarnacion on Christmas Eve. We spent the entire night in the other Sisters' apartment while they were out enjoying the holiday. Hermana Palacio and I played a lot of hangman and "I Spy.".....Yep. and that's about it. haha

Yesterday Hermana Palacio was feeling sick, so we ended up getting home early. I studied a little bit and cleaned up around the apartment. I really did want to stay up to see the fireworks at midnight but 1) it started pouring heavy rain, with lots of thunder and lightning every few seconds so nobody could set off fireworks anyways and 2) I was super tired and just ended up sleeping through the entire night.

These past few weeks we have been dealing a lot with things that are out of our control. It is really frustrating and can be discouraging at times to not be able to see results like I want. But my timing is not God's timing, and my plans are not God's plans. I am trying to learn patience, charity, and to have greater faith in Christ. "Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed." D&C 123:17 I can do all I can, but then I need to realize that it is God who is in control of all!
Love you all! Happy 2015!
Hermana Simmons

P.S. Thanks for the letter and photos!!!!! I really am trying to do everything I can to send photos home and make copies of them, but the computers here are terrible! I made another effort today, but it looks like they do not want to be shared. ugh. Hopefully next week?


We really didn't do anything for Christmas. It's a very long story. But yes, people do light off a ton of fireworks. That was pretty exciting. But other than that, there really aren't traditions. They just eat a lot of asado and pan dulce.
I think you all jinxed me when I spoke with you Christmas! You were worried that I would be sick, but I wasn't. The day after Christmas I was! I got a fever and was super weak, and the next day I woke up with the fever gone, but I had caught a nasty cold! I really don't know how that happened, but now it's mostly gone. I just have a weird cough now haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment