February 23, 2015

Goodbye Presidente Franco???

Happy Transfer Week!

Fun, short story. So today they emailed and called everyone letting us know who is changing location and companion. Long story short, Hermana Percival and I received a lot of conflicting information. At first we thought we were both staying, but now it looks as if we are both leaving to new areas and new companions. I'll let you all know what happens next week. But if I do leave, I'm not going very far. I'll still be here in Ciudad del Este, just a different part.

By the way, all of this Ciudad del Este area really used to be jungle. Pure jungle. We meet people who tell us that when they first moved here (40 years or so) ago, there was no city, it was just jungle-- complete with tigers and everything! I have seen (and petted)monkeys here, but no tiger sightings so far. I'll keep you updated.

We are in a very rainy season right now, thank heavens. Normally February is the hottest month of the year (getting up to 110, 120), but there has just been constant rainclouds. It is really humid and fairly hot (like 90) but nowhere near constant beating sunshine. I think Heavenly Father knows I would probably die if I had to walk around in all that heat. Tender mercies!

Update on Laura! She is still saying her prayers and reading the scriptures! She is involving her 8 year old son a lot in the discussions now so that he can also get baptized (if he wants to). It would be lovely if the two could be baptized together.

Helaman 5:9. If we could just keep Christ constantly in our thoughts, if we would just, literally, "always remember Him," we would be able to easily avoid temptation and overcome despair and sadness. That's because we would constantly be nourishing our testimony and reminding ourselves of how great and wonderful God is. The entire chapter of Helaman 5 talks about "remembering," but I liked this verse the most.

O remember, remember, my sons, the words which king Benjamin spake unto his people; yea, remember that there is no other way nor means whereby man can be saved, only through the atoning blood of Jesus Christ, who shall come; yea, remember that he cometh to redeem the world.

Love you all! Have a great day!
Hermana Simmons


Did I ever tell you that Presidente Franco is stunning? We were just watching the sunset in the jungle, and then we talked with a family about how much our Heavenly Father loves us and cares for us. I love my mission.



This is Cecilia. Her house overlooks the river. She is probably one of the smartest and most mature nine year olds I have ever met.



One of the families we visit had brownie mix boxes imported. We totally made brownies. It had been too long haha

No comments:

Post a Comment