February 02, 2015

I'm OLD!!!

I turn 20 years old today. That is just weirding me out.
Okay, moving on. This week Hna Percival had to go to a Sister Training Leader's meeting in Posadas (a 6 hour colectivo ride, ugh). Luckily I got to stay here in Ciudad del Este. I am here with two other sisters whose companions also went to the meeting. We walked around centro and have been enjoying being in a trio instead of just a companionship. It's different to be with two companions instead of just one. 
For my birthday we went and ate at the Burger King here. If I haven't already told you, Burger King, McDonalds, and Pizza Hut are pretty big here and in Encarnacion. But they are built like palaces. They are American based companies, so it is super expensive and kind of a fancy place to eat. I never thought I would see people "dress up" to go eat at Pizza Hut.
This Sunday we had our testimony meeting. One of the ladies in the ward has been worried about going to the temple. She wasn't sure if she wanted to make all of those commitments and just totally dedicate her life more to God. But she had a dream about her family and shared her testimony with us that she knows God has made a way for her to be with her husband and son for all of eternity, not just until death do they part. She doesn't want to spend forever living alone, she wants to be with her family and said that she will do anything to be able to achieve that goal. 
I LOVE in 2 Nephi 31:10 " And he said unto the children of men: Follow thou me. Wherefore, my beloved brethren, can we follow Jesus save we shall be willing to keep the commandments of the Father?" There are so many people who are willing to say "I believe in Jesus Christ" or "I know Jesus Christ lives." But how many people are actually willing to live according to that testimony? Am I actually living what I know or feel to be true? I love the scripture in John 14:15 that says "If ye love me keep my commandments." If we truly love God, we won't just say it, we will live true to our beliefs. Not only say, do. Not only do, BE. This life is our time to become who Heavenly Father wants us to become. The only way to do that is by keeping His commandments.
I love you all! Have a wonderful week!

Hermana Simmons

the twenty year old viejita


There's a burger king here in ciudad del este. we may have splurged to go out for my birthday haha.





i may have gotten a little sunburnt my last week in obligado





we didn't have light for a few days. so at night when we wanted to wash dishes we got creative. we also had to do the same thing when we baked some pancakes.





this is from a REALLY long time ago. when we were heading out to the christmas devotional. i just thought you would all appreciate another picture of me in my sombrero haha.





last district meeting in obligado.





last day with hna garcia a few months ago





Hna Palacio and I were the first missionaries to cross on the Argentine paraguayan train that they have that crosses over the river. woohoo.





this is basically all the members feed us. meat. meat and rice. more rice. would you like some mayonaisse? but that's okay. we took this picture at a super cheap buffet we found. the chicken is really good and we basically make a chicken salad and actually eat lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment