February 09, 2015

Is it true? Is it fair? Is it necessary?

Hey everyone!
So have I told you yet that my area, President Franco, is like being in my own personal soap opera? There is so much DRAMA amongst everyone. There is gossip everywhere, and it is really hard to get people to just worry about themselves and not be all up in everybody else’s business. Sometimes we feel like we are more of a cleanup crew trying to sooth hurt feelings than actually out helping people. I have been trying to think of ways to get rid of the gossip. Unfortunately, people just love to talk about other people- and normally what they talk about just tears others down. So anyway, long story short, don't gossip. It just makes a mess.
Last night we left our apartment at 10pm to go wait at the bus terminal to take a colectivo to Encarnacion so that I could cross the border to Argentina and do some passport paperwork in Posadas. We got to the bus station at 10:40ish, and we had to wait until about 2am to get on the bus because the bus we were going to take broke down about an hour out of the city and we had to wait for them to fix it. We finally got on the bus at 2, it didn't actually leave the station until closer to 3. Then we had a five hour bus ride all the way to Encarnacion. We got here and it turns out they had accidentally sent my passport to Asuncion instead of Encarnacion. So I couldn`t cross the border and do the paperwork. We basically spent 10 hours traveling for no reason, and we have to go back to Ciudad del Este today without doing anything. woohoo haha. The great thing about a mission is that it has taught me to be able to sleep in any situation (like a jam packed, bad smelling Paraguayan bus).
Today's scripture goes along with the gossip theme. Mormon 9:31 "Condemn me not because of mine imperfection, neither my father, because of his imperfection, neither them who have written before him; but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been."
So yeah, it is pretty easy to pick out everybody else's faults and weaknesses. But instead of tearing those people down or just chatting about them with everyone else, we can just be happy that we don't have those same weaknesses. We can know that God will hold them accountable for their mistakes, just as he will hold us accountable for our own. Gossip is BAD. I don't actually think I can stress this enough, but it destroys people and ruins lives. God loves all His children and I know that He doesn't want us idly blabbering about other people`s problems.
Anyway, I hope you all have a lovely, fantastic, wonderful week!!!!!!!

Love,


Hermana Simmons

No comments:

Post a Comment