April 06, 2015

General Conference! Transfers!

I hope you all watched the four session of General Conference! They were all so amazing and inspired! I love hearing from God`s prophet and apostles. I also LOVED the emphasis on the importance of family and its central role in God`s Plan of Happiness. That is definitely something that the world needs to remember and protect.

I absolutely loved the talks by Elder Andersen about "keep practicing, keep trying" and Elder Renlund about what it means to be a saint. It was also exciting to hear the prophet announce more temples to be built. I know that God has called a prophet to lead and guide us! I know that Heavenly Father is a God of order and He doesn`t want us to be in confusion. That`s why we have so much help given to us through the scriptures and modern revelation! I know I felt the Holy Spirit testifying to me of the truthfulness of all the messages given this past weekend.

And for Easter, lots of people here are Catholic and have a couple of interesting traditions. Thursday and Friday before Easter lots of people will eat nothing but fish and chipa (a cheesy, unleavened bread). So lots of people gave us chipa for free. I am not sure I ever want to eat it again! But other than that, it was a very peaceful weekend here in Ciudad del Este, which was a nice break from all the partying and drinking that normally goes on the weekends here.

My companion Hna Dance left today! My new companion is Hermana Moreno, and I have done a few divisions with her before. I`m really excited! She is a great missionary! Also, I ask for your prayers and support, because this transfer I was called to be one of the Sister Training Leaders. I`m a little nervous about this new responsibility, but I want to do my best to help the sisters here in Ciudad.

Amos 3:7 "Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but He revealeth His secret unto His servants the prophets."

Love you all!
Hermana Simmons

No comments:

Post a Comment