April 13, 2015

Good morning!

I am currently running on two hours of sleep. We traveled from Ciudad del Este to Encarnacion last night at 1 am. We arrived here around 7am. I traveled with another sister and some of the zone leaders nearby (nearby meaning everyone within 5 hours of Ciudad) to come down to Posadas to go to a big counsel with all of the leaders in the mission. I´ve never been to one before, so I´ll have to let you all know how it goes.

This week I have been amazed by the amount of little daily miracles God blesses me with. Everything from catching a bus right on time to finding a house that we had contacted and thought had lost again. Here I have come to realize that if we look for our Heavenly Father, we can find Him pretty easily. He doesn´t necessarily appear with numberless hosts of angels or in spectacular visions, but in the extra strength I receive to just keep walking, the feeling of peace when we make it safely home, the happiness as I work with and get to know so many new people, He truly is our Father and loves us so much.

My new companion is Hna Moreno, and she is from Ecuador. She also has a little over a year in the mission, and is a really hard worker. She did crossfit and fighting tournaments before the mission, so even though she is really short and tiny, she is kind of a fireball. She reminds me a lot of Alair :)

We have been working a lot with meeting new people this past week. It´s amazing to see how many people God has prepared, and if we are not afraid and will just follow promptings, God will help us help others.

Mormon 9:19 "And if there were miracles wrought then, why has God ceased to be a God of miracles and yet be an unchangeable Being? And behold, I say unto you he changeth not; if so he would cease to be God; and he ceaseth not to be God, and is a God of miracles."

Love you all!
Hermana Simmons
ps- congratulations to Katie Sonderegger on receiving her mission call! I´m so excited for her!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment