April 27, 2015

Happy End of April!

This week we had a great experience teaching a young woman named Jessica. She lives alone and is neither working nor studying right now, but was interested in learning more about the church. We knew that she was smart and would be able to understand all of lesson one, and we felt impressed during our morning study to study a little bit more about the apostasy. To explain a bit more, not many people here ever get a grasp on the idea of the apostasy or dispensations. Not many people went to school or are used to following that type of line of thinking. I know, it's not actually that difficult of a concept, but for lots of people it is something that has never occurred to them before. In Argentina we teach all of lesson one, but here in Paraguay we teach in as simple terms as possible. SIMPLE simple simple. Anyway, back to the story. As a rule, we generally don't go into very much depth here while teaching about the apostasy because people just become confused. But with Jessica we decided to teach about it. And that was the most spiritual part of the lesson! As soon as she understood that the Church that Jesus Christ had established was lost, she could feel the importance and significance of God calling a prophet in modern times to restore all that was lost. Jessica even came to church on Sunday! Goes to show that when we study and prepare, God will bless us with the Spirit. Also, we should never be afraid to follow spiritual promptings, even if it seems to go against our personal experience.

Elder Oaks went to the Argentina Resistencia mission for a fireside, and we were invited to watch on satellite. He talked about the importance of keeping the sabbath day holy. That is definitely something that I would like to improve. Sunday should be a holy day in its entirety, it shouldn't just be a day where we go and sit at church for three hours. That means the music I listen to, the activities I participate in, everything should be centered around the Savior.

By the way, thank you for the letter/package! I got the letters and candies from home and from the Peregrine Ward Beehives :) I love you all!

Romans 12:2 "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

Keeping the sabbath day holy is a another way of consecrating ourselves to God. It's what He has asked us to do so that He can purify us and so that we can feel closer to Him. I love my Heavenly Father and my savior, Jesus Christ!

Have a great week!
Hermana Simmons

P.S.
Yeah, I´ve been traveling a lot for the legal paperwork of staying in these two countries and then also because I have to go and do splits with other sisters in my zone and the neighboring zone.

As an HLC (Hermana Lider Capacitar?, i.e., Sister Training Leader) I go to consejo once a month where the zone leaders and HLCs talk about how to improve the mission and how the missionaries are doing. Once a transfer I need to go on splits with the sisters I work with, and a few times a week I should call or text them to see how they are doing. During meetings I sometimes have to give trainings to both elders and sisters in the zone. That's about it.

That´s fun that you all participated in the run! That is something I miss a little, being able to go out for a jog on my own. I didn´t even like jogging that much before! haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment